After you get engaged, it’s easy to wonder: how do we make sure we take amazing engagement photos? We’re sharing 5 easy tips to help!
You’re officially engaged & eye-balls deep in your wedding planning. You might be thinking about scheduling engagement photos (you totally should – here’s why!). But first…
So, how do you take amazing engagement photos?
There’s no one answer to this. But, luckily, there are some things to consider that can help!
Here’s what to keep in mind to make sure you get amazing engagement photos!
- Location. This isn’t everything, but it’s a great place to start. Talk with your photographer about your vision – they’ll surely have some beautiful recommendations for you.
- Which brings us to: choosing the right photographer! Research photographers. Look at their public reviews & style (websites & social media are great for this!) – you can even ask to see full galleries. If you love their style, reach out to see if you love them! You want to feel comfortable & have fun together. You’ll know quickly if you vibe! Maybe this will help.
- Attitude! Show up ready to play. To laugh, to cuddle, to HAVE FUN. That’s the whole point of your engagement session, after all – to have fun. If you can shake off the nerves and just let yourselves be together, you’ll get amazing engagement photos!
- Plan something special! What do you love to do together? Include it in your engagement session! Your favorite board game, a stop for beers, a small picnic, your beloved Jeep. Whatever it is, make it you!
- Finally – get amazing engagement photos! It’s really as simple as that. When all the pieces come together, it’s a beautiful thing!
Does this help?
1. pick the right photographer
2. let them help you pick the perfect location
3. show up ready to have fun
4. make it personal
5. get amazing engagement photos!
We are SO EXCITED for Annika & Luke’s Breckenridge wedding day next summer. We’re headed back to the gorgeous Ten Mile Station & partnering with the incomparable Distinctive Mountain Events. Lucky us.
Annika & Luke’s engagement session was the perfect chance to get to know each other ahead of the big day, and we’re confident they walked away with some amazing engagement photos!
Take a look!
Send this link to your engaged best friend!
Photo: Us! Basecamp Visual
Crafting really beautiful films + photos for the wild at heart, Basecamp Visual is a Breckenridge, Colorado based videography and photography team run by us, a husband and wife duo, Dave & Shanna. Are you on the hunt for a creative storytelling team for your upcoming Colorado (or other amazing places) intimate wedding or elopement? Interested in a session just because? Let’s talk about it! Contact us today to learn more.